Sunday, March 1, 2015

C4K #1

                                                                  Comments for Kids 


I began by reading a blog post by Timothy H. from Mr. Boylen's 8th grade class. His task was to write an essay about his beliefs. I found that for an 8th grader to hold the ideals he has on the big bang to be phenomenal. He would like to pursue a degree in astronomy, which i feel would be great for him. I commented saying that I find it amazing that he would understand the concept of Big Bang when I have never seen it taught in a school setting.


Marquise did an interesting post on what I perceived as an assignment about a holiday. He chose Friday the 13th. He went the simple route and listed his facts as bullet points. Some items that were included listed that there is at least one Friday the 13th while at the most three also the "Friday the 13th" franchise only released 4 out of 12 movies on the Friday the 13th. I replied that I thought it was great that he chose such an interesting topic, and that superstitions are fueled by pop culture and is a little outrageous.

Trina's blog post was the same as Marquise's. Although she chose Valentines Day. It is a beautiful day, which Trina states it is most known for hearts, chocolates, and the Roman God Cupid. She also points out that no one knows much about the origin of the holiday, it has simply been ingrained into our popular culture. I commented that it is interesting that just as there is no information about the when the holiday began, there is limited information about St. Valentine except where he was buried and that he died a martyr on February 14th.


No comments:

Post a Comment