Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

Outline:
A. Who am I?
    1. Introduction of myself
    2. Reasons for coming to South Alabama
    3. Family
B. Why I want to teach
C. Teaching in the 21st century
D. My Passions



A Little About Me

My name is Tyler Seth Herrington, I was born and raised in Mobile, Alabama. I also lived in Lucedale, Mississippi, while in secondary school before moving back to Mobile for college. My main interest is the reason why I am in school. History has consumed my time, to me there is too much to be learned for history to be ignored. I stumbled across South Alabama due to its close proximity to home. I grew up attending Jaguar basketball games and visiting campus. To me it was the logical choice to stay near family and friends while receiving a quality education. I am the youngest of five children, two of which recently graduated with degrees in nursing and electrical engineering.

Teaching has always been something i have felt led to do. I love working with people teaching them new things and seeing their interest being peaked. Giving students a new outlook on history besides the one people have that it is completely about memorization. Being a teacher in this new century has its challenges and disadvantages. Having the advent of the internet means information is at the finger tips of the searcher, although it also mean that students could simply Google search the answers for homework or even test.

My passions are history and music. I spend most of my free time watching history documentaries, specifically 19th and 20th centuries. Imperialism and European monarchs grab the majority of my attention, since this time period holds the fall of their reigns. I also play euphonium, which is a small tuba. I would love to get better at performing euphonium. Oddly, I have a greater fear of performing in front of people than speaking in front of them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIzApqzlP3Q

No comments:

Post a Comment