Sunday, February 8, 2015

C4T #1

                                                               Comments for Teachers
Recently I was assigned Mr. Jeff Delp, the pricipal of Willis Junior High School in Chandler, Arizona. His blog is composed of post from his life and and reflections upon what he has learned, molehill out of mountains has become his outlet to reach others through the power of the internet. The two blog post I read were "I Am... Thoughts of a Learning Disabled Student" and "A Little Help for Haiti, Please...".
"I Am" was a fictional piece composed from statements taken from actual learning disabled students. He took there statements and organized them into one persons struggles to possibly show educators and anyone else who would care to read the real life struggles that are facing these students. In my response I commented that as educators our job should be to provide the best learning experience and environment for all students, not just the ones that we may consider normal. To understand which students struggle with which subjects or even just with which concepts and finding ways to assist them and keep them caught up with the entire class without letting the class fall behind as a whole.

In "A Little Help" Mr. Delp discusses an orphanage in Haiti that each year must obtain supplies and clothing to send the children there to school. He asking the readers to send what ever school supplies to the missions United States office so that they could be sent directly to the orphanage to provide the children with a learning experience. I commented on how amazing this project was, the fact that he so  strongly pushes for supporting this organization is amazing. I will be posting the information onto my public media sites as the summer comes to an end, along with sending items myself, with hopes that friends and family will support them also.

No comments:

Post a Comment